Sunday, July 23, 2006

Knee update

When I woke up this morning & started to get out of bed I braced myself for the pain I was sure I was going to feel once my feet hit the floor & I tried to stand. To my surprise, there was no pain. Stiffness? Yes. But pain? No.

HOORAY!!

Then I took my dog for his morning walk. My knee popped with every step. Again, there was no pain, but a definite, audible "pop".

My dog & I are quite a pair. Moe blew his knee out 6 months ago & he never completely healed after his surgery (his hair still hasn't grown back all the way!) so he walks with a slight limp & here I am walking beside him with my knee popping like a little girl w/ chewing gum. Yup. Quite a pair indeed.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aw!!! That's cute. Is it popping like cracking your knuckles or popping like cartilage rubbing together?

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm not quite sure what cartilage rubbing together sounds like. It's just a single "POP!" with each step. Today the "POP!" has been alternating between my knee & my ankle. However, when I'm simply sitting down & I straighten out my leg, there is a loud "crackling" of the knee. That's been there for a few years but it's MUCH louder now. Kinda sounds like Pop Rocks going off in my knee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home