Thursday, July 20, 2006

Boring

There hasn't been a lot to report training-wise this past week. I didn't do a long run this weekend because I was out of town floating on the Comal River with some friends. It was good times. (I actually got a bit of a different work-out from all the paddling I did. I woke up Sunday morning with sore shoulders & back muscles.) We ended up driving home after dinner Saturday night so there was no running at Town Lake in Austin for me. Instead I spent the night & most of the following day hanging out w/ 2 good friends. Then I headed out to my parents' house to see my brother & nephew who were in town to take my dad deep sea fishing for his birthday. It was super great to see them. I wish I saw them more often.

Work life has been SUPER crazy busy & I've had to work late & come in early a lot. By the end of the day it is WAY too hot & I've been too tired to run outside, so I've been doing yoga & pilates the last few days in the comfort of my nice air conditioned living room. It's better than doing nothing but I really need to get some running in.

Ugh.

I cannot properly express to you how much I HATE the heat. I don't do well in it at all. It makes me tired. It makes me grumpy. It gives me hives. It pisses me off.

I.

Hate.

It.

This weekend's long run is supposed to be 10 miles. It's gonna suck. Blech.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry you hate the heat so much. You're just going to have to endure it a little longer. Glad you had a good time on the river and with your friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home