Monday, June 26, 2006

Quickie

A little quickie update:

I've been bad & haven't worked out in about 10 days, but at the same time, I think my body has needed the rest. I started out too fast after I got back from San Diego, although my 1st run after SD was awesome. I went running w/ 2 TNT teammates after work & we ended up doing 3 miles of 2:1's. Now, I am normally a person who does intervals of 5 minutes walking & 1 minute running & I usually average btwn 15:30-16:00 per mile. But this day my intervals were 2 mins. of running, 1 min. of walking. I just wanted to see if I could do it & if I could keep it up for a whole 3 miles, & I did! And it averaged out to a 13:30 mile!! I was SO excited!! The next day I was a little sore, so I did 2:1's the opposite (2-walk, 1-run). It was obviously slower, but still pretty good. However, by Saturday my back was bothering me again & my toe was hurting pretty bad (I'd accidentally smashed it the week before & it was still bruised & swollen). I've been doing my stretches & exercises for my back & they've helped a little, but I still get twinges of pain. I'm going to try to do a few miles later this week, but I think I may have to lay off the running for a little while & really work on doing exercises to strengthen my core. We'll see what happens.

Gotta get ready for work. BAH!!

1 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Great job!! You will be back up to par very soon!!

Missed you on Saturday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home