Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Getting closer

When I woke up this morning, my back was feeling much better. I only had some small pains in my right hip & sciatic area... very managable. All during work today I kept getting up from my desk to stretch the way the PT showed me & it made a difference. I had my 2nd session with the PT this afternoon & it went really well. She showed me some simple exercises to do in the next few days leading up to the marathon... nothing too strenuous, but stuff that will help strengthen my core & hopefully get me in a better mind-set for the race. Basically I won't see a real difference for a few weeks, but the fact that I'm starting now may help me use the right muscles a bit more on Sunday. Here's hoping she's right.

I'm almost ready to go. I have my airline tickets, race singlet, all my other travel stuff for San Diego. Tomorrow I'm working a 1/2 day, then I'm going to get my hair cut (I can't wait!!!), then I'm going to pick up some more Cliff Bloks & Body Glide, then I'll go home, color my hair (yes, it will be purple again), pack, & hopefully get a decent night's sleep (although I'm not really counting on that last part). Then I meet everyone at the airport around 6 am Friday morning (whose bright idea was it to pick a 7:30 flight?).

EEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jill said...

So glad things are getting better! Take it easy the next couple days. Don't do any wild and crazy things with Adrienne until AFTER the marathon!!

BTW - our flight is at 9:30! hehe! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home