Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Surprise!

So, remember how a while back I said I wanted to lose around 35-40 lbs. before my 35th birthday? Well, thanks to injury & lack of real exercise, I only got as far as about 25-30 lbs total (& this is from about Oct/Nov when I made the goal). However, tonight I weighed myself & I've lost about 5 lbs. since my birthday (I say "about" because my scale kept going back & forth between 3 numbers so I took the average). Of course I wish it were more, but it was still a nice surprise none the less (especially since I weighed myself after I ate a big bowl of pasta & some Ben & Jerry's ice cream... so bad, yet so good). GO ME!! :)

I was also pretty excited to find out that there is a "Sports & Fitness" category on my cable "On Demand". There are TONS of different workouts, including yoga, dance, sculpt & tone (abs/buns/etc.), Tai Chi, pilates, kick-boxing, & even HULA! This excites me like I couldn't believe. It'll be great cross-training & a cool alternative to running in the heat. And better yet... it's FREE!! :)

Time for bed. The Benadryl has kicked in (I still have the rash on my feet) & I'm sleeeeeeeepy.

But before I go... CONGRATULATIONS to my coach Ginny, who completed the London marathon this weekend in 5:09:39. And GOOD LUCK to Erica in Nashville this weekend at the Country Music Marathon.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Awesome! Congratulations!! Way to go!! YOU ROCK!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home