Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bigger surprise!

I love it when I see that I have new e-mail & in the subject line it says "Donation Confirmation". A smile comes across my face & I get so excited as I open the e-mail... wondering who it is from & how much the donation may be.

Today I received one of those e-mails.

As I read the name of the donator, at first I thought it was just some random person. My friends forward my fundraising e-mails to their friends, so it's not uncommon for me to get a donation from some random stranger here & there. However, a second or 2 later, I realized it was actually from the mother of a good friend. I've only met this woman about 4 or 5 times in the 4 years I've known this particular friend, so I was touched that she would make a donation. As I quickly read the amount of the donation, I thought "Awwww... How sweet! She gave me $100."

Then I looked at the amount again.

It was $1000!!!

My bottom jaw practically hit the floor & I almost fell out of my chair. I thought for sure I was missing a decimal point somewhere, but nope. That was really the amount! I was blown. away. Never in a million years would I thought that a single person would give me such a large donation. I am continually amazed by the compassion & generocity of people. It gives me hope.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

Erin- that is kick ass!!!!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Jill said...

That is just too cool!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home