Tuesday, May 30, 2006

PT - Day One

I met with the physical therapist this afternoon & things went pretty well, right up til the end. After the stretches & exercises, she hooked some electrodes up to my lower back, had me lay down on a bed & let the electrodes massage my back. It felt great while I was laying there, but as soon as it was done & the PT helped me sit up, I had a huge searing pain in my back. I actually screamed out in pain. (that scared her but good!) I went right home & got back in that fetal position, took some more drugs & crashed. It's still sore now, but better than when I left the PT.

I have another session tomorrow, & another on Thursday. Hopefully the PT will help get me in good enough shape to do the marathon.

The thought of missing this race, after spending so much time & effort on the training, not to mention the fundraising, is absolutely heartbreaking to me. I can't even think about it or else I just start to cry (& I've already had a completel break down over it all when I talked to my mom about it tonight).

I have to do this race. I just have to!!

3 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Damn girl!! What the hell did you do?

I hope and pray that you are able to do this race. Gotta have faith.

But just in case - get that doctor's note and come with me to Chicago!!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm already going to Chicago. Not to run (no way I can do a 6 hr. marathon), but to be the official cheerleader. :)

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home