Friday, May 26, 2006

Back update

I went to the doctor yesterday morning & had a bunch of X-rays. I have few discs that are compressed a bit, but not too bad. However, with all the extra running I've been doing to prep for the marathon, it's caused enough swelling to push the discs on my sciatic nerve, which is causing both pain & numbness down my left leg all the way to my toes.

Thankfully my super hot (& unfortunately married) doctor is a marathoner so he knew there was no way I was going to miss this race. He prescribed me some strong anti-inflamatory drugs & muscle relaxers, as well as physical therapy. He told me to double up on the dosage of the AI drugs for the next day or 2, then do the regular dosage all next week. Then I'm to double-up again the day before & day after the marathon. He said with that & the PT, I should be able to "push through" the marathon fairly well. He did say that I will be in pain afterwards though. (DUH!!!!)

So basically the plan is to not run again until the marathon & just take my meds & do the PT (I'm shooting for 3 PT sessions before I leave for CA) & cross my fingers that I manage to cross that finish line next weekend.

Wish me luck!!!

4 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better.

What's your schedule for the race weekend? I'd love to get to see you for drinks. (or pasta?)

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jill said...

You can do it!! I have faith in you!!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Crosstrain said...

Best wishes for San Diego Erin

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger equarles said...

good luck. too bad about the doctor being married.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home