Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ugh!!!

I am majorly stressing right now. The marathon is only 3 weeks away & I do not feel ready at all. Thanks to some wicked thunder storms, our long runs have been rained out for the last 2 weeks, & things have been so completely crazy & stressful at work that by the time I get home from work, all I want to do is pass out. So basically it's been about 2-1/2 weeks since I've worked out. I did go to all the Tuesday night practices but this past Tuesday was awful because my back started spasming (apparently I pulled some muscles in my back on Sunday as I spent 3 hours hunched over washing cars for my fundraisers). It also woke me up at 1:15 this morning cuz it was spasming again so I got almost no sleep last night. And don't even get me started on the crap that I've eaten this week. Ugh!!!

Our big 21-mile practice is Saturday & I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through it.

And then there's my fundraising. I found out the other day that the fundraising deadline is this Monday. I thought I had another 2 weeks! I still need about $1400 & unless our crawfish boil on Saturday brings in several thousands dollars, I am SCREWED! (we're splitting the money btwn about 6 of us) I most certainly don't have that kind of money hanging around in my bank account. Ugh!!!

Nothing seems to be going right these days. In addition to this stuff, my honored patient, Jonathan developed pneumonia again this week. Also, about 2 weeks ago, the only son of a friend of mine was brutally murdered (his body wasn't found until days later). I went to his funeral on Saturday & it was the most moving service I've ever seen. I haven't been able to get him or that weekend out of mind.

The world is a crazy, messed up place & I don't know how we manage to get through life with any semblance of sanity.

Ugh!!! Something needs to go right & soon.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

things will be good girl...have faith. i know it's hard to believe sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home