Sunday, March 12, 2006

What happened to winter?

It is most definitely gone.

Gone, gone, gone, gone, GONE! :(

I was so bummed when I woke up yesterday to find it was hot & humid. It wasn't even the least bit cool at 5 am. Blech!!

I felt like shit from the moment I woke up. My broken tooth is keeping me in pretty much a constant state of misery & I am not sleeping well at all. I still went to practice, though I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about it. It was to be a timed practice because we were having a stretching clinic afterwards & they didn't want anyone to miss it, so our instructions were to go out for 45 minutes, turn around & come back to the park. From the moment I started, my legs felt like lead & I felt like I had no energy. I wasn't going any where near my normal speed & it was pissing me off. I just couldn't do it. I walked for a while with one of my mentees but when she went to the water stop, I continued on, meeting up w/ another mentee & my friend Carissa. We talked & walked for a while & next thing I knew it was time to turn around. I hadn't run at all & was feeling a real need to just be alone so I told the girls I was going to run & I did. For the rest of the way back to the park, I did my 4:1's even though it was really hard for me. For the most part I was alone, but eventually the 1st mentee I was with caught up to me, but when it was time for me to run again, she didn't follow. It wasn't until I got back to the park that another person caught up with me & asked if she could walk with me. I felt bad because I really wanted to say "no" to her (I didn't). I just wanted to be alone, but it was obvious that wasn't going to happen so I chatted with the girl the rest of the way in.

I ended up finishing 5 minutes early. In all I did a little over 5 miles, which means my time S.U.C.K.E.D.

UGH!!!! I hate this!!! I am sick of feeling so crappy. I just want to be back to where I was. At this rate I'm never going to finish the marathon in the time alotted. Thank goodness I am FINALLY going to the dentist tomorrow. I can't wait for this damn tooth to be out of my head & the pain to go away!!

Next weekend's practice is supposed to be 12 miles. I plan to start early (maybe around 5:30-5:45). Here's hoping I'll be back to full "YEAH!" strength* by then.

* extra credit if you know what that's from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home