Saturday, February 25, 2006

94%

That's about where I am right now. I've been rolling my leg like crazy & it is paying off. It's hurting less & less each time & I think it won't be long now before I'm back to full "YEAH!!" strength.

Today, even though I really didn't want to get out of bed, I still did it & I went to Memorial Park for practice with the TNT group. I did some extra stretching before I started & even though I was feeling TONS better, I didn't go out full force. The schedule called for the full marathoners to do 6 miles, but I knew from the beginning that I wouldn't do any more than 3. I also knew I was going to walk it very slowly. I mainly just wanted to get out there & loosen the muscles up & try not to over-do it. I walked with my mentee, Jeannie who is coming off the injured list herself (she had to drop out last season due to surgery). It took us at least an hour to do the 3 miles & I barely broke a sweat, but it felt good to be out there again & I had no regrets about my decision to take it easy.

After the "run" I did a bunch more stretches & as soon as I got home, I rolled my leg again. (Cassie won't get out of my head!!) Sitting here now, my leg feels better than it has all week. If I keep stretching & rolling, I'm pretty sure that by next weekend I'll be able to go the full distance (8 miles) with no problems. One thing I've decided for sure: no more walking lunges for this girl.

Tomorrow I think I'll walk another couple miles, but again I plan to take it slow.

In other news, I was SO glad I didn't do the Rodeo Run today! Right at race time was when Mother Nature decided to be a bitch. The temperature immediately dropped & it began to pour down rain. I was just leaving Biba's after having breakfast with the TNT gang & I drove straight home where I've been all cozy & warm for the whole rest of the day. :)

Hats off to those that braved the cold & rain & completed the run. Y'all rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home