Tuesday, February 21, 2006

No pain, no gain MY ASS!!!

My right ITB/hamstring/lower ass region bothered me all friggin' day today. It wasn't as bad as yesterday, so I still went to track practice after work. Things started out ok. The stretches felt fine, but the walking lunges hurt too much so I didn't really do them. Things felt better when we did the leg lifts & quick steps in place, but once we started the actual running portion of the practice, it all went downhill from there.

We were alternating fast, medium, & slow speeds every 2 minutes. I started out lightly jogging & that wasn't too bad, but once I switched to a power walk, I could feel my leg tightening up. When I started running again, the pain eased up, but as soon as I walked, it all came racing back. After only 2 laps around the track, I stopped. I had to stretch the leg out. I laid down on the track, crossed my right leg over my left knee, then lifted my left leg. Coach Ginny stopped to help push my left leg back more to get a better stretch & as much as that hurt, it felt great, too. Coach Bill already had his roller out for another partipant who was having problems with her quads, so as soon as she was done, I got on the roller.

SWEET JEEEEEEEEEEBUS that f'ing hurt!!!! I just grit my teeth & sucked it up & continued to roll my leg. Not much later, the rest of the group stopped & Bill & I gave a quick "Roller 101" course. I don't think the participants were too happy to see me grimmace in pain (Hell, I wasn't happy either!) but I think it was good for the coaches to talk about what could happen & how to aleviate the problem. We certainly don't want to have people dropping out due to injury.

So basically I'm off running/power walking for the next few days. I was going to do the Rodeo Run on Saturday, but now I'm not sure I will. I think for now I'll just go to the gym & work on the stationary bike & of course, roll my leg every day.

I hate that I'm starting out this season so poorly. This is what I get for not training properly last season for Houston. *slaps forehead* I'm such an idiot! Grrrrr!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

roll girl, roll roll roll roll until it doesn't hurt to roll!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home