Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back on track

I went to track practice tonight & I felt GREAT! The only time I had any problem was with the damn walking lunges so I didn't really do them. We did some jumping exercises & "butt kicks", then we did sprints for 1 mile. I was worried about how I'd do with the sprints but as soon as started my 1st one, I realized that I'd be fine. I had no pain at all & I actually ran a lot faster than I thought I would. I was even able to keep up the same pace for every sprint. Needless to say, I was VERY happy about that. After we finished the sprints I made sure I stretched really well & when I got home, I rolled my leg again.

I've decided that no matter what, I am going to roll my legs every day... "just in case". Better to be safe than sorry, right?

Tomorrow is a day of rest (new episode of "Lost"... WOO-HOO!!!) & then Thursday I plan to do a short run through the neighborhood. I haven't decided what I'm going to do Friday. Then Saturday I plan to do the full 8 miles at practice. We're finally leaving the park! Hooray! It'll be nice to have a little change of scenery.

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

Eat, drink & be merry! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home