Sunday, February 26, 2006

Success!

The Fleet Feet social/fundraiser was a pretty good success. It looks like they sold at least $1000 in shoes alone, plus I know at least 2 people bought Garmin's & several people bought lots of clothes & gear. I figure maybe the sales totaled close to $2000, maybe more. Too bad we're only getting 5% of the sales. But it's better than nothing at all, eh?

I resisted the urge to buy myself a Garmin. Truth be told, it wasn't that hard to resist. The Garmin is just SO friggin' bulky. I know it doesn't weigh that much, but it just doesn't feel right on my arm at all. However, I was informed that they are getting new Garmins that are smaller & more "watch-like", but still have the same features. They should be in stock in about 2 weeks & I put my name down for one. We'll see if it's small enough for my tastes. I'm actually kinda hoping it's not, cuz if it is, I know I'll buy it. I can't resist a new toy!

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Okolo said...

Here is a picture of it.

I want one.

http://www.garmin.com/products/forerunner305/

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Okolo - Oooo... that Garmin is nice! It's also more expensive than I thought it would be. Oh well, just as well.

Mandy - Thanks! I really appreciate it. As for the "rolling", I have a big foam roller (like this one that I use to roll the knots out of my leg. I lay on my side & roll the outer & rear part of my thigh on the roller. It hurts like a sonofabitch but it really helps with the pulled muscles & IT band problems. You can use it for practically all your muscles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home