Sunday, March 05, 2006

8 mile

I was feeling a lot better yesterday so I decided to try for the full 8 mile distance at practice & I started out pretty good. I didn't want to over do it so I walked the 1st 2 or 3 miles, then started my 4:1's. Unfortunately my bladder wasn't cooperating with me & I had to make a pit stop at Starbucks. By the time I got out of Starbuck's, I noticed that all the other slower walkers had just passed me so I sped up to catch them. Along the way I saw the 1st of the runners coming BACK to the park. That was quite humbling. I wasn't even 1/2 way done & here they were on their way back. *sigh*

For the most part, my leg felt great, but I had a weird pain/discomfort in my upper right butt cheek. I can't really describe it other than it felt very "weird". I had to stop to stretch a few times & then around mile 6 I felt my hamstring start to tighten up. The slower gals passed me again. I tried to run, but it wasn't helping the pain in my ass so I decided to just walk the last 1.5 miles back to the park. As soon as I finished, I stretched as much as I could. I went to breakfast with the gang & as soon as I got home, I stretched some more, rolled my leg & put a big ice pack on it. After my shower & nap, I was VERY stiff & sore & a bit worried. Thanfully it all subsided & today I woke up feeling great. *whew!*

Next weekend I was going to do the Bayou City Classic, but TNT is gonna be short-handed (most of the coaches will be gone) & Ginny asked me if I could help out at practice & I said yes. We're having a stretching clinic that day so I really want to be there for that. To me it's worth missing a little race because I need to do whatever I can to make sure my leg doesn't get messed up any further so I can be in good shape for my BIG race.

And now it's time to sit back & watch the Oscars. Woo-hoo!

1 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you remain pain free.
I hope you blog what you learn at the stretching clinic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home