Sunday, March 12, 2006

Almost forgot...

about the stretching clinic!

A physical therapist came to talk to us about proper stretching & to show us what we can do to prevent certain injuries. It was a lot of the same stuff she showed us last season, but this time I had a specific problem to ask her about... my ass.

She had me lay down on my back & she moved my right leg around in various positions until she found one that made me whince. Then she had my lay on my stomach & she started pushing really hard on my butt w/ her thumb. She was sure she'd found "the spot", but I told her it was a bit further up. When she pressed on it, I whinced again & she went "AHA!" She said my problem was with the smaller of the 2 glutius maximus muscles. Apparently I'm over-using it when I run & I need to start using the larger muscle. She told me to imagine that I'm trying to hold a quarter in my butt. LOL! She also showed me some stretches to help alleviate the pain in my ass. Hopefully they will work soon. *crosses fingers*

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

ah ha! yeh and that is exactly what my PT told me to do to help my IT bands too....seems to have helped me a little

 

Post a Comment

<< Home