Saturday, July 28, 2007

Reason #42 why I hate the heat

Because I'm allergic to it! And now I have photographic proof! Here are my legs today after running 12 miles in icky, hot, SUPER humid weather:

Sexy, no?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

It's on my chest, too. Hopefully some Benadryl cream will help clear it up. *crosses fingers*

Other than the rash, today's run wasn't too terribly bad. It only rained for a little while (about 45 minutes into the run) but it wasn't a huge downpour. It was more of a soft, gentle rain & the cold drops felt quite nice on my super hot skin & head. I was able to keep up a pretty good pace throughout the whole run. I forgot to restart my stopwatch after one of the water stops, so I don't know what my final time was, but I do know that my pace for the last 2 miles was 14:00/mile, so that made me very happy.

Now it's time to take a nice LONG nap. This is my favorite part of the Saturday long run. :)

2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

what the hizz is that?!?! woah! hope you feel better soon- does it itch??

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Erin said...

It's a lovely heat rash. I get it almost every time I run in the summer but this time was one of the worst. It didn't really itch, but it burned like hell when I took a shower. Thankfully it's almost all gone now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home