Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Go ahead... make my day! :)

Today during work I went downstairs to the clinic to donate a pint of blood. MDA had sent out a mass email to all employees saying they were at a critical shortage of whole blood & they were asking us to donate. My blood type is O- which is universal donor, so I thought I'd do my good deed for the day & donate a pint.

I filled out all the paperwork, answered the ever expanding questionnaire, had my blood pressure checked, my temperature taken, & got the little pin prick on my finger so they could test my iron levels. Then the nurse asked me "how much do you weigh?"

"Ummm... I really don't know."

"Well there's the scale, please weigh yourself."

Now, I've never been excited to step on a scale before in my life, but today I was. I gladly hopped on that scale, looked down & saw my weight was most definitely less than the last time I weighed myself. Sweet! I told her the # & then she said some of the most wonderful words I've ever heard... "OK then, and minus 5 lbs equals *** lbs."

"Excuse me? Minus 5?"

"Yes. The scale is off by 5 lbs. so we have to subtract an additional 5 lbs from what it reads."

SWEET!!!!

So, dear friends, as of today I have officially lost...

16 pounds!!!

I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but it's a lot to me! That's in just about 2 months. Imagine where I'll be in 3 months on race day! If I can keep up that rate of weight loss, I could be a whole 40 pounds lighter by race day! This inspires me even more to keep up with the working out & eating right. I don't think I've ever been this determined. I like it!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! When I got back to my office, I told my co-worker about the weightloss & she said she'd noticed I'd been losing weight. She said it's very noticeable in my face & even more IN MY HIPS & STOMACH!! I can't tell you how happy that made me! Just the other day I was thinking that I hadn't lost anything in that area. I only noticed my face & upper body looked slimmer. I swore my hips & belly looked bigger. But she swears that my hip/stomach area is the most noticeable difference. Talk about making my day! :)

*side note* I wasn't able to donate blood because my iron levels were too low. I wasn't technically anemic, just below the levels allowable for blood donation (minimum reading is 12.5 & I was at 12). So they said to come back in a few days & try again. I never should've had that Diet Coke right before I left for the clinic. D'oh!

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Airam said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home