Monday, July 16, 2007

Love/Hate

Lately I've been working out a lot in the pool & I'm developing a love/hate thing with it. The part I love about it is that I don't sweat & after I'm done, I'm actually quite cold for the rest of the evening (a nice change from feeling like I'm having a heat stroke after a run). The part I don't like is that I actually kinda feel like I'm not really working out, even though I know I am. Take today, for example...

I walked 50 laps (backwards, forwards, & side-to-side) as fast as I could in that friggin' pool & then did about 15 minutes of "noodle resistance" work. (I take 2 of those foam noodle things & use them to work out my arms by pressing them down into the water in front & in back of me, then hook them on my legs & do the same in various positions to strengthen my legs & knees. It's all great stuff to strengthen your core cuz you really have to use those tummy muscles with every single move.) Today's workout lasted a little over an hour, but I didn't really feel any different. I didn't feel tired or sore or anything after I was done. In fact, I felt more energized, which I guess is a good thing, but I'm not used to that. I'm used to being SO friggin' tired after every workout that all I want to do is take a nap.

At least I have proof that, even though I don't feel like I'm doing anything, whatever it is I'm doing is working because the muscles in my legs are finally starting to become visible! Maybe soon I'll get my nice legs back.

I'm kinda dreading tomorrow's workout. It's "hill day" again. We get to do a 4 mile total run & do several hills at Shepherd & several rounds at the parking garage. Here's hoping the sun decides to be a no-show around 6:30 pm. *crosses fingers*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home