Saturday, June 09, 2007

Now that's more like it!

Today's long run: 6 miles.

I only checked my watch once the entire time I was out there & that was at the 1/2 way point. At that moment, I'd been out there for just a hair over 45 minutes. I couldn't believe it! I figured there was no way I could keep that pace up for the rest of the way but dammit, I was gonna try. I refused to look at my watch the entire rest of the way back to the park. When I got to that last 1/4 mile, I kept chanting to myself "You can do it! Just PLEASE be no more than 1:36:00. PLEASE be no more than 1:36:00!! You can do it! You can do it! Only a few steps more to go!" I didn't look at anyone on the trail. I just stared at the ground in front of me, concentrated on my breathing & my form, tried to ignore the river of sweat running down my entire body (good GAWD it's hot out there!!) & just kept on going. When I finally got to the finish I looked at my watch.

1:31:06

I couldn't believe it! I threw my arms up in the air & said "YES!!!" I'm sure people looked at me funny but I didn't care. After a week of terrible runs, I finally made progress. It felt great! And my body feels great. My back was only sore in the beginning, but that's always how it goes. Once I'm about a mile or 2 in, I'm loosened up & the pain goes away. Let's hope I can keep it up. :)

1 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home