Wednesday, April 04, 2007

It's Official...

... I'm another year older.

AND... I have signed up for the Nike Women's Marathon!

TNT had an Alumni party last night as a way to introduce us to the joys of Nike (they even gave away a Tiffany bracelet!) After talking with the director & finding out there is an early start to the race, therefore extending the time limit from 6.5 hours to 8 hours, I decided to sign up for the full. I really, really, REALLY hope I can get strong enough to be able to do it, but at least I know if I don't feel I can go all 26.2 miles, I can at least do the 1/2 (the 1st 12 miles of the course is the same, then the 1/2 turns to the right & goes straight to the finish line) & still get that Tiffany necklace. :)

Kick-off is May 12 & the first practice is May 19. However, I plan to be back at practice this weekend. I've missed the last 2 long runs (I was in Dallas 1 weekend, & last weekend was my birthday extravaganza weekend) so I'm anxious to get back to it, especially knowing the temps will be back down to the 40's/50's.

Next week I'm going to look into hiring a trainer, too. I really need to lose weight, especially now that my back has been so bad, & I know how important exercise is to getting healthier, but honestly, I need someone to be on my ass about it, telling me what to do, or else it's just way too easy for me to stay on the couch & watch tv every day. So instead of using the extra money I'm making at the new job to buy a new couch or HD TV, I'm going to put it towards a trainer.

At least that's my plan. We'll see if I actually go through with it. (LOL!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home