Friday, February 16, 2007

Starting over

After scrounging around in my messy closet, I finally found my running shoes. I haven't worn them in 6 months.

6 months!

Well, tomorrow they'll get to touch the dirt path of Memorial Park once again.

That's right... I'm back in training once again.

My back has been doing much better (*knock on wood*) so I decided to start training again with the TNT group this season. First practice is at 7:00 am. I'm gonna start slow, only doing the 1/2 marathon mileage on the long runs & see how things go. My goal is to be strong enough to be able to start training for a full marathon by the time the fall season starts in May. I REALLY want to do the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco in October. Hopefully everything will go well. I'm just a bit nervous. It's going to be SO hard to no run. But if I want to continue to have feeling in my legs, I have to get used to just walking. Thankfully I can walk pretty damn fast, but it's just not the same, ya know?

I just have to keep reminding myself of the hell I went through last summer/fall & hopefully that will keep me on track.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home