Monday, September 25, 2006

Long time no see

Last night I got back from a 4 day vacation in Charlottesville, VA. It was great fun. My friends are awesome & I laughed so. damn. much with them. I met some new friends & also got to see old friends I hadn't seen in years. I even saw Sissy Spacek at a local greasy spoon & talked to her husband. How random is that? The whole weekend was much needed.

The one down side was my back. It bothered me the entire trip (I blame the super tiny & EXTREMELY uncomfortable plane that was trapped in for 3 hours on my way to DC). I tried not to let it ruin my time & for the most part, I was successful, but there were a few times when the pain got pretty bad & made for not so fun times (like when I was at the Dave Matthews Band concerts Friday & Saturday night & couldn't dance my ass off like I normally would & actually had to sit down several times because the pain was too much). But other than that & a minor car accident Sunday morning before heading home, the trip was awesome. My friends & I are hoping to make this an annual trip.

Unfortunately all the traveling did a number on me & by the time I got home, the pain in my back was much worse (my whole right side is constantly throbbing & sitting & walking hurt. I ended up staying home from work today because the pain was just too much. I rested the entire day & constantly put ice packs on it to help with the pain. It's still pretty painful right now, but I guess I just have to grin & bare it.

I'm ready for this pain to be over & done for good!!

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy for your great time but I'm bummed that you're hurting now. I'm sorry you're having to pay such a high price for a little fun and joy.

Hang in there. Rest, rest, rest!!!

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I was in C'ville this weekend! How could that have happened? Oh I am so bummed we didnt freaking see each other! Where were you staying? Argh! Well, hopefully we will see each other next year! I am sorry you were in so much pain too. Rough!

Ilana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home