Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Pool - Day 1

Today I went to the gym & did 20 minutes of pool walking. The 1st 2 laps hurt a lot, but then my legs & back seemed to loosen up so the rest felt quite easy. I actually felt like I could go longer, but I remembered what my doctor told me... "baby steps!" I'm glad I didn't do any more because right now I am SUPER sore. What's weird is that it's not my back that's sore, but my hips & outer thighs. It kinda feels like my hips are out of their sockets. Hopefully the chiro can fix that tomorrow when I go back to see her.

After this "workout" I've decided to obey doctor's orders & not go to work at all this week. I'm still checking my emails about once a day, but that's all I'm going to do. It's just not worth it to risk undoing any of the good that's been done (& will be done) this week by sitting at a desk all day. I can actually sit for longer periods now, but I notice that my hips & upper buttock area are more sore when I get up & it makes it difficult to walk. And that's with sitting on a super soft couch. I haven't attempted actual chairs yet. Hopefully by Monday it won't be that bad.

This still all suck big fat hairy sweaty unwashed donkey balls, but I'm trying to not let it get me down.

Who'd have thought that I would actually miss working out? Crazy, ain't it?

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

it's so not crazy to miss it. I missed it for about a year with ankle surgery. I was stupid by not swimming or something. Anyway, now that I'm back running, I would freak if I couldn't any more.

Hang in there. Good job in the pool and following dr's orders.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I am so sorry about your back. That really sucks. But it looks like the dr's orders are helping. So keep it up and get better real soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home