Friday, August 11, 2006

From Bad to Worse

My back is really REALLY bad. So bad that right now I am laying on my back w/ my laptop on my tummy. I can barely walk & when I do, the pain shoots down my whole left side, all the way down to my toes & back up again. It's excruciating. It wasn't this bad until last night. Before then I'd been able to go to work. Of course, I had to sit in my chair backwards (straddling the back of the chair) because that was the only way I could sit without much pain. But this morning when I woke up after a horrible night's sleep, I could barely move. Thank God for Vicodin!

I had an MRI Tuesday but my dr. can't see me until the 24th to go over the results. Can you believe that? And the techs won't give me the films until after 15 working days ("we have to give the referring dr. time to go over the results"). So the sister of a good friend is getting them for me today. She works for a chiropracter & the MRI people said they can only give the films to another doctor. My friend is coming by in a bit w/ the release forms for me to sign, then she'll fax them to the imaging center to get them to release the results to her sister's boss who will let me know the results. My mom, who had the same back problems & had surgery last summer, is pretty sure that I blew a disc. She's going to come over later to help me. I wish she was here now. And I REALLY wish this pain would go away. :(

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry about your back. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home