Friday, August 04, 2006

No better

So far I'm not much better than I was. The back is still hurting a lot. Going from sitting to standing is VERY painful. I feel like a 90 year old woman. I'm scheduled to have an MRI on Tuesday morning & I'm nervous.

I can't help but think about my brother-in-law. Almost exactly 9 years ago he had been having back problems. He finally went to the doctor & that same day he was in surgery having a tumor removed from his spine. He was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Not much later, after more tests, they found 20+ tumors throughout his body. At the time, he was only 2 years older than I am right now. He should have died a few months later, but thanks to radiation & some VERY experimental drugs, he was able to live for an additional 3-1/2 years.

He's the reason I joined Team in Training in the first place & starting all this running. I'm sure that's not what's going on with me, but it's still there in the back of my mind. I can't not think about it. I won't be able to completely relax until I know for sure what's going on in there.

Waiting is gonna SUCK!

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Prayers and thoughts comin' your way. I know you'll be fine. Don't be anxious, if it's possible

 

Post a Comment

<< Home