Saturday, October 14, 2006

Progress

After my trip, my back was pretty bad but now (I almost hate to say it because I may jinx it) my back is feeling a lot better. I'm back in the pool doing my walking (despite how INCREDIBLY boring it is), I'm back on the nerve drug (I'd stopped taking it for about 10 days because of the side effects) & I've gone back to the chiro. I can't afford to see her 3 x's a week any more, so for now it'll just be a once a week maintanence thing. Hopefully I won't have another relapse & I'll continue to get better & better. *crosses fingers*

Several of my friends with the TNT gang are headed to Chicago next week for the marathon & I'm totally bummed that I can't be there with them. 2 weeks after that, a few are headed to NYC for the marathon there, as well. Again... bummed. I can't even go to cheer them on. This blows.

I need to make sure I don't do anything else to mess things up even more than they already are. I want to be able to start training again by the beginning of the year. Next year's marathon goal is the Nike Women's Marathon in San Franciso next October. I want that Tiffany necklace, dammit!!! But more than anything else, I just want to feel good about myself again.

5 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like the light at the end is visible. Be patient. Like you said, you want to progress and not go back. I'm thrilled your doing well.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Exam-exam-exam said...

Hi Erin,

In the end, the most important things are your health and your future. Sometimes patience (waiting and recuperating) is as important as running the marathon:)
Good luck to your friends and in no time you'll be able to start training too.

I'm glad that John, the boy your were running for, is doing well.

I'll visit your blog often!
-Kris

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Erin,
If you remember me and my blog, I ran the Nike with TnT in 2005. It was a lot of fun to go to San Fran and run. Great job with staying motiviated since your first marathon with Tnt. I just sort of let everything slide after that. Please visit my blog to see my recent post.
Sarah

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for all the support guys. I really do appreciate it.

Hi Sarah! Great to "see" you! What's funny is I was thinking about you just the other day & checked your blog to see if you'd posted in the last year. And now POOF! Here you are! Congratualtions on your latest accomplishment!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks Erin!
What is you next goal? Do you have a race in mind you are trying to shoot for?
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home