Wednesday, February 21, 2007

3 Miles & a Wedding

(Sorry I'm late in posting this.)

This past Saturday was my first "long run" in 6 months & ya know what? I didn't die! HOORAY! It was freezing cold, which was perfect for me... it kept me motivated to keep on moving. I was a bit nervous, but that didn't last long. I started out strong & ended strong. My back was a little stiff when I first started, but as I got going, it loosened up & I felt great. My only problem was that I just wasn't satisfied with my speed while walking. I wanted to run SO. DAMN. BAD!!! I can't believe how hard it was to not run. I kept thinking "Dammit! You know if you ran right now, you'd finish SO must faster!" But I also knew if I ran, I likely wouldn't be able to even walk later. Talk about frustrating!!! I never thought I'd miss being able to run so much.

I tried not to look at my watch during the "run" because I knew it would depress me. When I first started, I thought if I could just do the 3 miles in about 45 minutes, I'd be happy. After about a mile, I figured I was going too slow to accomplish that, so I told myself I'd be happy w/ 50 minutes. After about 2 miles, I figured my time would be about an hour & it was pissing me off!! So you can imagine how happy I was when I finished the 3 miles, looked at my watch & saw a time of 46:39. It's not the best I've ever done, but I figure after all the pain & shit I've been through with this back injury, that was pretty damned good. This Saturday I'll do another 3 miles & I'll be shooting for that 45 minute mark. *crosses fingers*
After practice I attended the apparel clinic at Finish Strong Sports & mingled with the new group of TNT'ers. I met a woman doing Alaska & had a fun time reliving my 1st marathon w/ her. It got her all excited. (ILANA - I told her about our experience w/ the cancer survivor at mile 25 & she got goose bumps!)

After clinic, it was time to go home, shower, & rest up for the big event later that day...

CASSIE & MANNY'S WEDDING!

It was a simply beautiful ceremony with lots of laughs (the best kind of ceremony IMO). Cassie was radiant in a gorgeous strapless, lace covered dress w/ a lavender ribbon & Manny was dashing in his tux. I didn't get weepy until the reception when I saw them dance their first dance. Seeing the way Cassie looked at Manny... *sigh*. I want that.

The reception had a fun Mardi Gras theme, complete w/ custom made Mardi Gras beads, pralines, & a New Orleans jazz trio. Our table was on the 2nd level with a black iron balcony overlooking the dance floor. It made for a great vantage point of the party & some good teasing to the crowd below with our beads (we never did get anyone to show us their boobs). After a few cocktails, I eventually made it out onto the dance floor & proceded to boogie til I thought my feet would fall off (dancing is not easy in 3" heels) & ended up making some new friends. A good time was had by all. :)

The best part of the night was just seeing how happy Cassie & Manny were. I'm so stinkin' happy for those two & I wish them a long, LONG happy, fun-filled life together. CHEERS!

Cassie & Manny at the altar.

Mr. & Mrs. Mondragon!

HRB's clean up good! Joe, Jon, & Waverly

Francesca (is that right Holden?), Holden, & Vic

Cutting the cake

Cutting the Groom's cake (Oreo cheesecake... YUM!)

3 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, I am so happy for you that you are back in the game! Go team!
IlanaB

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Crosstrain said...

Great pics Erin, thanks for posting. Sorry I did not hang around to see all the dancing. Congratulations on the run/walk, keep a'healing.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

awww thanks Erin!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad you were able to be there- it was a very special day for us!

Thanks for posting the pictures!!!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home