Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rich foods, running, & the Police

*Note to self*

Don't go to The Melting Pot & gorge yourself on yummy, uber rich foods & fancy Cosmopolitans the night before you're going to do sprints.

Oy.

It's all my friend, Lori's fault for having a birthday & wanting to celebrate it by having a special "Girl's Night". I'll have to admit, it was good times. But this morning & pretty much all of today, my tummy wasn't very pleased. I was hoping I'd feel better by track practice, but no such luck. But I sucked it up & did the 1/2 mile sprints with the rest of the gang, and you know what? I actually did really good! In fact, I'd run almost as fast as I'd done 2 weeks previously when we did 1/4 mile sprints. I was only about 5 seconds slower. I was really surprised! Imagine how good I could've done if I didn't feel like total crap. This is encouraging. :)

The real test will be this Saturday because Friday night is the Police concert so I already know I'm going to go into that long run (8 miles this week) on VERY little sleep. But there's absolutely no way I'm gonna miss the Police. It's the Police! Nuff said! :)

1 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger TX Runner Mom said...

Have fun at The Police concert! I'm jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home