Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy

Today was good day. I got the paperwork about my corporate sponsorship from MD Anderson. All that's left is for them to cut the check, which I will hopefully get in the next week or so. I can't tell you how relieved I am. Recommitment is coming up in 3 weeks & having half of the money I need is a HUGE weight off my shoulders.

Pratice tonight went really well. I got my wish & there was no sun. In fact, it was still raining a little when I started my run. Since it poured down rain earlier, we skipped the hills at Shepherd (too slippery/muddy) & just did the parking garage. I made good time getting to the garage & while I was definitely slower doing the garage, I still kicked butt. I did it 4 times & not once did I stop to walk. In fact, I swear it was almost easier by the time I was on my 3rd round. I really got into a good groove. As soon as I got to the bottom of the garage on the 4th round, I never stopped to rest. I just kept on running right back to the park. My pace on the way back was a flat 14:00 min/mile. I was ecstatic! Now if only my long runs could be so good! I've got 3 months to go before the marathon, so there's still time for improvement in that area.

Last but not least... tonight at practice TWO people told me they can tell I've lost weight. WOO-HOO! I was looking in the mirror last night & thought my face looked thinner, but sometimes it's hard to tell when you see your face every day, ya know? So for 2 different people to come up to me & tell me they can tell I've lost weight (without any prompting from me btw) totally made my day. I need to buy a scale so I can see for myself how much I've lost. That's on my to do list for this weekend.

I think I'm finally getting into that "workout groove". I no longer look for ways to get out of a workout & I've noticed that on the days I don't work out, I don't feel as good. And if I don't work out for 2 days, I notice my back bothers me, but as soon as I work out, it feels lots better. Looks like I'm finally doing something right. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on the training and the fundraising and the weight loss. You are kicking some serious ass!

I should talk to you about how you went about getting a corporate sponsor, I am looking to do the same for my fundraising for Honolulu (did I tell you I am doing Honolulu!?! Crazy!)
Ilana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home