Friday, January 13, 2006

Stomach knots anyone?

My head hurt so much last night & was making me so nauseous that it kept me up till the wee hours of the morning, so I decided to take the day off of work today. I was hoping to sleep in, but I was up by 7:15. Figures.

I lazed around the apt. for a good part of the morning, then finally decided to get my act together, shower & run some errands. Just after noon I met my friend, Adrienne at the GRB & we went to the Marathon Expo to pick up our race packets. We got lots of free goodies & saw several of our friends. I thought the Expo was pretty good (free Cold Stone ice cream! WOO!) but I was bummed that they had no cute socks for sale there (in Alaska they had TONS of super cute socks will all sorts of designs on them, like my beloved 26.2 socks). They just had your basic, run of the mill, white, blah, running socks. Poop. :( I did pick myself up a"26.2" & a "Runner Girl" bumper/window sticker & I'm thinking I may go back tomorrow to get a running shirt. We'll see.

Being at the Expo & seeing all the runners started to get me really excited about the race. I also started to get nervous. I think the nerves really have to do with all the stuff I have to do with TNT before & after the race. I know I'm going to get hardly ANY sleep & I'm worried at how that will effect my performance. I'm also a bit worried/pissed about the weather. It looks like the temps will get to the 70's on race day, with a 20% chance of rain. I swear I think I'm jinxed when it comes to big races. The Alaska Marathon had the worst weather conditions in the entire history of the race (freezing rain & gale force winds) & I got hypothermia & San Antonio broke all records for high low temps (the low was in the mid-70's) as well as high high temps the day of the marathon (high 80's... in friggin' November). So it figures that Houston would be hot in fucking JANUARY.

*shakes head*

I'm gonna try to not let myself get too stressed out & just enjoy myself. If you happen to see me out on the course, please give me a cheer & a yell. It's a big boost for me. I'll be the full figured gal in the purple TNT singlet with short brown hair, a big smile (maybe) wearing bib # 27719.

GOOD LUCK to all of you marathoners/half marathoners!! I'll see you at the finish line! :)

Hell, some of you I'll see tonight at dinner. Go Houston Running Bloggers!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Okolo said...

Go Erin Go!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home