Monday, December 19, 2005

Trying to mend

Well, I haven't done any running or walking since I got back from vacation. As soon as I got home, the cold I'd been fighting off for most of my trip started to fight back & I was losing the battle. Thankfully it seems I will win the war.

It's been a hard week. In addition to a nasty headache, stuffed up nose, cough & sore throat, I've also had (& still have) a broken heart. But that's a story for another day & another blog. I'll just say that after certain events at the end of the week, the last thing in the world I wanted to do on Saturday was wake up at 4 am & drive all the way out to BFE, stand in the freezing cold rain for 8-1/2 hours & be all cheery & supportive for the TNT 21-miler. But I sucked it up because I know how important it is to have support, especially in that kind of weather (it was like Alaska all over again, but COLDER!!) & at the end of the day, I was glad I did it.

Despite the FREEEEEEEEEZING cold & rain, the 21-miler was actually a lot of fun. Afterwards, some of the coaches & other mentors & I all went out for a late lunch. As the 8 of us were sitting around the 2 little tables talking & laughing SO. damn. hard, I was looking around at the smiling faces of these people & my heart was so warm. I was thanking my lucky stars that I had found this wonderful group of incredible people & was SO happy to have them in my life. That day was everything I needed, but I just didn't know it.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

it's good to hear you are doing better and i hope you are as excited about Jan 15th as I am!!!!!!!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home