Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Brrrrrrrrr!!

Winter has arrived in Houston. Well, at least for the day. I love it! The cold temps really helped keep me moving fast last night. Only 1 TNT participant showed up to practice last night (in addition to the 2 coaches & 2 mentors) so instead of doing speed/strength work, one mentor just went home while the rest of us just did a loop around the park. I forgot to start my watch so I don't know the exact time it took me to do the 2.9 miles but it was somewhere between 40-45 minutes. Not bad.

It's been all over the news lately how a guy has been lurking around the park & attacking women. Emily & I commented on how we saw 2 news vans, yet no cops on our run, & it was pretty damn dark on portions of the trail. A few of the coaches had said before that they've seen the guy described as the attacker, but of course, at the time, they had no idea he'd been attacking women. They just all thought he was dressed a bit weird for the park (fatigues & a jacket). Hopefully they find & arrest him soon. Until then, I'm going to be a little wary about running alone out there, particularly in the mornings (when the last attack occurred). If my dog, Moe wasn't so old & slow, I'd take him along with me, but running one 2.9 mile loop, let alone more than that, would probably kill him. Oh well, I guess instead I'll just run with a buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home