Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Losin' it

Not too long ago (late Oct/early November) I got on a scale & was SO disappointed at how much weight I had gained back since the marathon. I was so depressed & felt horrible about myself. I was determined to get back to at least the weight I was in Alaska (after the marathon I didn't work out for about 2 months but still ate as if I was training for a marathon).

Fast forward to today.

I saw some pics of myself from the company Christmas party & I thought, "Hmmm... I don't look as big as I thought I would." Then just now as I was gathering up my laundry, I kept having to pull up my PJ bottoms. "Hmmm... that's weird. These are fairly new PJ's & I've never had a problem w/ them falling down." So out of curiosity, I got the scale out & weighed myself.

I weighed myself 5 times.

Why?

Because I thought FOR SURE what I was seeing had to be a mistake.

According to my scale, I've lost 18 lbs!

To be sure I wasn't imagining things, I quickly rushed to my closet to pull out my 2 pair of "skinny jeans" (well, they're skinny for me anyway... fat jeans for other people). The 1st pair I pulled out were the pair I wore in Alaska, post-marathon. Back in June they fit me perfectly. I loved them. By November, I could barely button them & had to lay down to zip them up. I was SO depressed.

Just now I slipped them on & once again, they fit perfectly!

HOORAY!!!

Now for the real test... the jeans that I never wear anymore but use as a gauge to see just how out of shape I am. They are about 3 years old & back then, they were a little bit loose. I haven't been able to wear them comfortably for about 2-1/2 years (cuz they're too tight). Last time I tried them on, I couldn't even BEGIN to button them. It was awful.

Tonight I pulled them on & not only could I button them, but they zipped up! And I didn't even have to lay down to do that! And they're a size smaller than the other jeans I'd just tried on!! They're still a teeny bit tight, but DAMN!

I am SO. f'ing. excited!!!

So far, I seem to be averaging a weight loss of about 8-10 lbs/month. I hope I can keep this up. If I can, that means I'll have lost about 50 lbs. by my 35th birthday. WOO-HOOOO!!! :)

8 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger equarles said...

Nice. I can relate to the weight gain and loss a little bit. I remember not being able to wear a certain sized jeans and had to go up a size. Now I'm 4 sizes below that and about 40-45 pounds less than I weighed back then.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally awesome girl!! You are my inspiration! After I broke my toe I got depressed and didn't really do anything. Now it is healing (6 months later) and I need to get out there and start my training up again. Do I hear a New Year's resolution? I need to lose all the weight I put on during this time plus lose some more. I want to look half-way decent when I go to Tahoe. Keep up the great work!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

great news Erin! Keep it up!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Okolo said...

Great job, and since you don't weigh yourself everyday like some people (looks around guiltily) you got a nice surprise.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

EXCITING!!!!!!!! way to go, i am planning on losing more in the new year too!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Edwin - that definitely gives me hope. :)

Jilly - I know how frustrated you've been not being able to run, but you've been doing great on the bike! I'm glad you're finally on the mend. You're gonna do GREAT in Tahoe!

Cassie - Thanks! :)

Okolo - Welcome! I hardly EVER weigh myself. It gets way too depressing. I just go by how I feel & how my clothes fit. It's too frustrating otherwise.

Jessica - I think you look fab just as you are. I'd KILL to look like your profile photo!

Thanks guys. :)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Steve Bezner said...

Congrats!

Running is a great tool to lose and maintain weight. I've lost over 100 pounds, as seen here.

Isn't it a great feeling! Keep up the good work and we'll seeya at the Marathon!

RunSteve.Com

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Erin said...

WOW Steve! I checked out your pics & that is AMAZING! Congrats!! What an inspiration! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home