Monday, June 06, 2005

Tapering down

Practice on Saturday went well. We're taping down in preparation for the marathon, so we only did 14 miles. Even though it was a much shorter run, Lydia & I still decided to get to the park at 5:00 am because we knew that once that sun came up, it would be hellaciously hot outside. Even at 5:00 am it was SOOOOOO friggin' humid. I hadn't even began to run & I was already covered in sweat. (I hate, hate, HATE Houston in the summer time.)

Our route was through downtown. It was nice to kinda have things come full circle. This was one of our 1st routes when we started on the really long distances & it had been quite a while since we'd done it. I'd forgotten what a nice course it was. By the time we started getting near down town, the sun was rising & gave the skyscrapers a beautiful pinky-orange glow. I always love running through downtown just as the city is starting to wake up.

I was feeling much stronger this week as opposed to last week. The heat was still practically unbearable, but it helped knowing that I didn't have much further to go. The worst part of it was the fact that I still got horrible hives. They were actually worse than the previous week & by the time I got home & showered, my legs felt like they were on fire. I just have to keep reminding myself that there's only 1 more week of training in this nasty heat.

Wow. Only 1 more week. Where did the time go?

I was reading some of my 1st entries in this blog & I am amazed at how far I've come. At one point I couldn't believe that I'd gone 6 miles. 6 miles! That is a nothing to me now. That's a piece of cake! In less that 2 weeks I will be going 26.2.

I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home