Thursday, May 26, 2005

I hate humidity

It sucks the life right out of me.

I was all psyched to run over to the park & run up & down the ampitheater hill at Miller Outdoor Theater, but once I actually stepped outside & felt that humidity smack me in the face like a wet sponge, I felt all the energy drain from my body. I still went & ran, but man oh MAN was it hard. I could barely get my feet off the ground. It also didn't help that my right knee (the one I majorly fucked up at Evan's wedding last year) was hurting. And did I mention that I'm majorly PMS'ing right now? So in case you were wondering...

heat + humidity + breaking in new shoes + only 4.5 hrs. of sleep last night + 8 hours at work + lots of mosquitos + pain in both knees + intermittant rain + PMS = BAD work-out & a desire to consume an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Therapy. (thankfully I don't have any in my freezer at the moment!)

At least I had good music playing. (John Butler Trio will definitely get you in the mood to work out... especially their set from last year's Austin City Limits Music Festival. I defy anyone to listen to that show & stand still!)

Please oh PLEASE let an artic front come through Friday night so I can be somewhat cool & energized for the 21 mile run on Saturday.

In somewhat related news... Active Team Force deodorant by Adidas is amazing! I don't know what the hell is in this stuff or how it works, but after running for 45 minutes tonight in all that heat & humidity I hardly smell at all. I love it!!

Wow. This was probably the most boring post ever.

Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home