Sunday, March 27, 2005

So we found out where we are staying while in Alaska... at The Hotel Captain Cook, which apparently is Anchorage's only luxury hotel. Not too shabby. I bet those down comforters & pillows will feel mighty good after the race.

Now let's just hope I can raise all the money I need. I'm still panicking about that a bit. I still need to raise $3200 in less than 2 months & I'm not quite sure how I'll do it. I was REALLY hoping that at least one of the companies I contacted would sponsor me, but so far, no luck at all. :( I REALLY can't afford to cover that much money. My dad said he will cover me up to $700, so in reality, that leaves me with $2500 left to raise. But I really don't want him to have to pay all that money. So I need to come up with some SUPER creative ways to raise money.

Monday I'm going to contact the city to find out what kind of permit is needed to set up on an intersection in my neighborhood to raise money. Yesterday there was a group of firemen set up at a major intersection (the very intersection I'm interested in) having their "Fill the Boot" campaign. They have a bunch of firemen asking the people in their cars at the light for donations. This is basically what I want to do. Hopefully I can get some TNT banners & some friends to help me out.

I also still have some ideas going around in my head for other fundraisers, but I need to figure out some SUPER creative, fun ideas so I can get lots of people to attend.

I'm still panicking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home