Thursday, March 03, 2005

Woo! Go me!! :)

I actually ran today. Like, really RAN! And I didn't die!! Granted, I walked a bit as well, & only did about 2 miles, but dammit, I RAN! This is progress!

I also decided to have a fundraiser for my birthday. It'll likely be either on my birthday (Fri. Apr. 1) or Sat. Apr. 2. Two friends from work (who have bdays in late March) are also going to join in. I'm so glad about that, too, cuz they are grad students & have TONS of friends.

Basically the plan is to get a restaurant/club to donate the use of their facility, & get another place to donate the food, have a cash bar (so the restaurant/club still makes some money), & have at least a $10 cover charge w/ all that money going to my TNT/LLS fund. We figure we can get at least 100 people to come, so that's a minimum of $1000 that I'll raise. Not bad for a day's work, eh? I'm also going to see if anyone knows of a local band that would be willing to perform for free. If so, then maybe I'll raise the cover charge to $15.

I'm so excited!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home