Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Tough day today. I worked out with my team at the park & did about 3.5 miles. My feet felt like lead the entire time. I was exhausted. Maybe it's the lack of sleep & the stressful day at work. Who knows? All I know is that I was the very last in the pack. I felt like such a schlub. Even the girl who I originally started out walking with was at a much faster pace than I was & she's a lot bigger than me! (of course, she's unemployed & has all the time in the world to work out & does so practically 7 days a week) The coach kept running back to check on me, making sure I was doing ok. She was super nice, giving me all sorts of advice & being very encouraging... telling me how great I was doing at keeping up my pace. However, the whole point of this particular workout was to go faster, then slow, then fast, then slow, etc. I did ok the 1st 1/2 mile, but the right side of my right calf kept hurting me. Then after about 2 miles, I started to have a little breathing trouble. I'm pretty much convinced my asthma was kicking again, especially with the warmer weather & everything starting to bloom again. Next time I'll be sure to take some allergy meds. If that doesn't work, then I'll likely go to the dr. to get a prescription.

Anyhoo... I eventually finished the work-out & hung around for a bit to chat w/ a couple teammates. We were giving each other fund raising tips, making plans for social gatherings, & discussing the best kind of running bra (apparently wearing 2 is better than wearing just one). I was even convinced to do the 5K "Rodeo Run" on Saturday. We'll work out at the park 1st thing in the morning (about 3 miles) then drive to the 5K downtown & do that, so our total mileage for that day should be a little over 6 miles. You can bet my iPod will be with me that day!

Ugh... why am I still awake? I need to go to bed. I'm never going to get any further if I don't start getting more sleep!

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Me! said...

I do alot of running and sometimes I just have off days. Keep up the hard work!!!!

For me it helps when I really concentrate on the calm and relaxation that comes when I run. Just me and some music and the sound of my feet hitting the ground. I try and let all my fears and stress just melt away with every step. Taking this approach to running has really helped me enjoy my runs as well as push myself. And it's also helped me through a lot of life's problems.

Good luck!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home