Monday, February 21, 2005

The kindness of strangers

I am continually amazed at the kindness of strangers. From a simple donation from a random person in Australia to a student in Ohio who saw a post I made on a message board & spread the word to her family. It warms my heart like nothing else has in my life. It is a beautiful thing.

There is also a chance I may get a corporate sponsorship or two from total strangers as well. A good friend at work has a friend that owns a chiropractic clinic that she says may be willing to sponsor me. I also ran into a former student intern today & he told me his step-dad runs a trucking company. He said he couldn't promise a full corporate sponsorship, but he said he would probably be good for at least a couple hundred dollars. So keep your fingers crossed that at least one (if not both) sponsor me. Each sponsorship is a minimum of $1500 & boy oh BOY would that ever help me reach my $5200 minimum! I'm still working on other ways to raise money, but man... this really would help put my mind at ease.

As for my training... today I walked about 2 miles & soon I will be off to the gym for a 1 hour yoga class. I'm really looking forward to getting back into yoga. I felt SO good when I did it before & now that my muscles are really getting a harder work-out, the yoga will surely help me feel a million times better. Hopefully my teammate, Lydia, will be in class tonight. It's always nice to have someone else to work out with, & it's even better knowing that person is there for the exact same reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home