Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Well, due to a massive accident on the freeway, I missed my 1st Tuesday night group work-out. I ended up turning my car around & drove back home where I grabbed my dog & took a 30 minute power-walk through my neighborhood. The weather was simply perfect, I was jazzed & I made my dog very happy.

Today is a resting day. So nice!

Tomorrow there's a happy hour for the team at a local mexican restaurant, but I'll likely miss it. I have a late meeting at work that I have a feeling will run long & I also want to get in at least 30-45 minutes of a work-out afterwards. I'll likely be too beat to go out afterwards, but we'll see. After my late afternoon meeting, I may be in need of a nice margarita. :)

Today I put a bunch of donation flyers about my marathon on the wall next to all the mail box stations around my apartment complex. I also put about a dozen flyers in envelopes labeled "Please take one!" & put them up next to the mail boxes as well. Less than an hour later, I noticed some people had taken some of the flyers from the envelope in my building. YAY! Hopefully I'll get some nice donations from my neighbors.

Saturday I'll bring a bunch of letters to the group training session at the park for the staff to mail. (they told us the 1st 100 letters we bring them, they will mail for us) I'm also going to ask my parents to put together the addresses of all their friends & neighbors so I can hit them up for donations as well. Thankfully almost all of the neighbors know me pretty well, so hopefully that will help me out.

I'm also going to ask my mom's friend, who is a teacher, if she'd be willing to help me put together some sort of fundraiser her students can do for me to help me raise money. I haven't figured out just what they could do, but I'm working on it.

I'm just SO worried about not being able to raise all the money I need. I do NOT want to fail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home