Thursday, February 10, 2005

Ugh. Late nights out drinking at birthday parties do not make for energetic work-outs the following day. I got practically ZERO sleep last night, & was a little bit hung over, but I still went to work this morning & I still worked out when I got home... just not as much as I had originally planned. I only went about 1.5 miles & I was exhausted. Looks like I'm gonna have to forgoe the continuing festivities & call it an early night tomorrow night so I can be fully rested for the time trials Saturday morning. Oh well. It's for a good cause. :)

In other news... I got on a scale for the 1st time in about 5 or 6 months. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... I've only put on a couple pounds. After not working out for the past 2 months, I thought for sure it would be more. Of course, since I haven't worked out in so long, I'm definitely "feeling the burn" more now than I used to. Hopefully it won't take too long to get over that. I'm a little worried about how I'll do in front of everyone else on Saturday. The people I met last weekend are all in MUCH better shape than I am. I just don't want to be the slowest one in the bunch.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Chad Brooks said...

Don't worry about slow. You are still faster then those sitting at home. The time trials are all about setting a base line. I am consistently the slowest in my Tuesday night workouts. But someone is going to be slowest and most everyone appreciates that I am out there working my best effort. But you have hit on something. Studies show that adequate sleep is an important part of fitness. Before the race you may not sleep - that's not important but in your training up to the race good sleep habits are going to be as important as training and eating habits.

Good luck tomorrow.

Chad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home