Saturday, February 12, 2005

Time trial

I was so good last night... I went to bed at 11:30 & slept SO well. I didn't even need my alarm to wake me up. I'd set it for 7:00, but I woke up on my own around 6:40. It was nice to not have to rush around in order to get to the park by 7:45.

This morning was my first group work-out. They broke us up into 3 groups... runners, run/walkers, & walkers. I was in the walker group. We did a 3 mile time trial & it went really well! I did much better than I expected. I figured I'd be at about 20 minutes per mile, but I ended up averaging 16 minutes per mile! It felt great! It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I could easily have done another mile. I think it really helped being in a group. I started out w/ 4 women, but after a few minutes we got to different paces & I ended up walking with one woman, Lydia & we really helped push each other. We talked the whole time which made the 3 miles fly by. Turns out she's a member of my gym, so we're going to work out together 1 or 2 days a week, starting w/ yoga on Monday nights. (a lot of the stretches they had us doing after the work-out today were very similar to yoga moves).

Next Saturday we'll do 4 miles & we'll add 1-2 miles every week. I'm feeling very good about this so far & am looking forward to seeing just how far I can go. My attitude may change as the miles increase. Only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home