Sunday, February 20, 2005

Yesterday was pretty good... I did 4 miles with the team. The 1st mile was the hardest. My feet felt like lead & my calves were hurting not long after I started, but once I really got going, I didn't notice it any more. I felt pretty good, but I must admit, it was a bit harder this time around because I was walking alone. I started out walking with about 5 other women, but some of them started to run & therefore got ahead of me, then the others fell behind. It was so much easier last week having someone next to me to talk to & keep me going. My coach was running up & down the course & would stop to walk along side me every few minutes & cheer me on, but I still wished I'd brought my iPod with me so I could at least have lost myself in music.

About 2 miles in I felt like I was really hitting my stride & I felt great. It wasn't until about the last 1/2 mile that I started to tire out. It was around then that some random woman standing on the side of the path resting said "You got it girl! Keep it up! You can do it!" It was just what I needed. Hearing that random support from a total stranger really picked me up & made me get back on pace.

As each work-out passes, I continue to suprise myself with how dedicated I am to this. I'd been looking for something for so long to give me some sort of challenge, some motivation, a sense of peace. I think I finally found it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home