Saturday, February 26, 2005

6 Miles

6 miles... I actually did 6 miles today. I could hardly believe it!

And the real surprise?

I could've done more.

I don't know why I had so much energy today, but I felt like I could go on forever. Even from the 1st mile, where I usually feel the most sluggish, I felt energized. Maybe it was the gatorade I had just before taking off. Maybe it was the fact that I had my iPod with me & was being serenaded by Damien Rice. Who knows? But I did it!

I was so proud of myself. I thought for sure I'd be ready to pass out, but nope. I was able to keep up with the rest of the group instead of lagging behind. It was the 1st time I really realized... I can really do this!

I'm going to keep training as if I'm doing the full marathon. Who knows? Maybe I'll actually be able to do it!

Of course now, after resting for a few hours, my legs are super sore & feel like jello, but I think I'll be alright. I'm not gonna let the pain get me down. I can do this. I can do this!

In other news, I got a very generous check in the mail from a friend the other day. I was so shocked & moved. I had no idea he was going to be so generous. And to top it off, his company will match the donation, so I'll have double what he sent! I still have a long ways to go before I get to the $5200 minimum, but this sure was a lift I needed. :)

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Megan said...

I am so proud of you. You inspire me daily. I like to tell myself, if Erin can do it, so can I! I think you just might be doing a full marathon after all! I wish I could be there to watch you run across the finish line, but I'll sure be there in spirit. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home