Saturday, April 16, 2005

2 steps forward...

8 steps back.

Well, after doing so well last weekend, I had a BIG set-back. Tuesday morning, when drying off after my shower, my back went completely out on me. I couldn't even stand up straight. I had to grab onto the side of the tub & sit down on the toilet because I couldn't even stand. I finally got the courage to stand up & pretty much had to crawl to the couch, where I spent the entire day.

The big culprit was my tail bone. A few years back, I fell & broke the tip of my tail bone off. Ever since then, the bone fragment has been floating around & if I over-do it, it literally comes back to bite me in the ass. I could feel my tail bone throbbing all day. It was NOT fun.

I went back to work the next day, but only for a few hours because it hurt too much to sit for too long. I spoke w/ my coach & she agreed that it would be best for me to not work out for about a week so I can heal properly. It's SO frustrating because I've been working SO hard & now I can't do diddly squat! I feel like a slug. I'm also worried now about re-injury. I don't want to end up missing the race.

Holy Shit... the race is only 2 months away. Where did all the time go??? I'm starting to panic. I still don't even have half of my fundraising goal met & I only have 1 more month to get the rest. How the hell am I going to do that??? I still need to raise $3000!!! I've already re-committed, which means no matter what, they will get their money, whether it comes from donations or my own bank account. And let me tell you, I most certainly do NOT have an extra $3000 lying around in my bank account. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm already having a fundraiser on May 5, but so far it looks like nobody I invited is actually going to go (it's a "singles mixer" at a local pub). I need to come up with some other sort of fun event to have that would definitely draw people in. Otherwise, I really don't know what I'm going to do.

Let the panic attack begin!

1 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Girl, update this so I get some motivation! I finally went walking tonight, at least. One day I'll be doing all the miles that you're doing. We rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home