Saturday, April 09, 2005

15 miles

Well, today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I actually felt pretty great for someone who only worked out twice this week & got up at 4:40 this morning. I was kinda sluggish for the 1st 3 or 4 miles, but stopping at Starbuck's for a potty break made a HUGE difference. I was originally thinking I'd just do the 1/2 mileage, but by the time I'd gotten to the 8 mile mark, I was still feeling really energetic & decided to go the whole 15 miles. I was doing great until I got almost to the George R. Brown convention center. That's when the sun started to come up from behind the buildings & beat down on me. It started to suck the life out of me. It was a little better when I turned around to go back, because the sun was at my back, but I definitely wasn't as energetic. But I still made it all the way back to the park & I did all 15 miles in just over 4 hours. I was very proud of myself, especially since the last time I did 13 miles in almost the exact same amount of time. Plus, when I had done those 13 miles, I was barely able to walk by the time I got back to the park, but today, I was still feeling good when I finished the 15. I actually ran in. We had a little party afterwards w/ crawfish, corn, potatoes, beer, & champagne.

I got home just after 12:00, took a long ice bath, then a looooong hot shower, then passed out for a few hours. My feet are killing me now & I have about 5 blisters on my heels. Looks like it's time to get new socks.

All in all, it was a good day. I'm exhausted, but it's a good exhausted. Next weekend we drop down to 12 miles, so after today, that should be a piece of cake. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home