Sunday, October 30, 2005

Modern Technology is SO exciting!

I'm sitting here "watching" Erica run the Marine Corp Marathon. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, the folks at the MCM have real-time tracking of the runners. I simply entered in the name of the runner & BAM! Instant results. Then all I had to do was click on "Map Track" & a map of the course popped up & with a big yellow & black dot that represents Erica. It automatically updates every few seconds & shows her name, bib #, mile location (ie: mile 18.45) pace time, 10K time, & 1/2 time. It is SO cool! I'm actually cheering every time the page refreshes. She has about 30 minutes to "make the bridge" & at the pace she's going, she should have no problem.

GO ERICA, GO!!!

You're gonna make it!!

:D



***EDIT***

She finished in 7:02:13. Way to go Erica! You rock!

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger egan said...

Congrats to you Erin for finishing the marathon. I hope you were able to make your target time.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Erin said...

If you're talking about the MCM I wrote about in this post, that wasn't me, that was my friend, Erica. But I'm sure she thanks you. :)

If you're talking about the Alaska marathon I did back in June, then thanks! I didn't finish in the time I wanted, but with the weather being so incredibly bad, I was just thrilled that I finished the damn thing at all! :)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger E said...

Thanks for the cheering! I feel so loved!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home