Friday, October 21, 2005

Fuckin' allergies!

Well, nature has done it to me again. My allergies got so bad that when I woke up this morning I almost fell over when I stood up out of bed cuz I was so dizzy from sinus pain & pressure. I took some Aleve Cold & Sinus, hoping it would help me the same way it has for the last 2 weeks, but no such luck. Not long after I got to work, I wanted to just curl up & cry from the pain in my sinuses. Oddly enough, if I could've just sat there all day pushing on my front teeth w/ my thumbs, I would've been much happier because that actually alleviated the pain. Since that wasn't really an option, I decided it was time to go to the doctor (& that should tell you something because I HATE going to the dr. & avoid going at all costs).

It was so hard getting through the day at work, trying to get everything done before I had to leave at 1:30. My brain just did not want to function. I found it hard to think & speak at the same time. I was forgetting words & simple tasks (in fact, it's pretty hard for me right now to make coherent sentences as I type this post). At one point when I was bending over in my chair to pick something up off the ground, I actually fell out of the chair & my boss had to help me up (yeah, that was fun).

For once I couldn't wait to get to the dr. & for once, I didn't have to wait for hours on end to see her. I was actually still filling out the paperwork when the nurse called me in. Within 20 minutes, I was seen by a nurse & 2 doctors, diagnosed w/ a sinus infection, had a prescription in hand for some nice, strong antibiotics & was out the door. It took longer to get the Rx filled than it did to get the Rx.

As soon as I got home, I passed out on the couch. I could seriously go to bed right now & sleep for the rest of the night.

Fuck you Mr. Ragweed & Ms. Mold Spore. You may have won this battle, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you win the war!

I'm so glad I'm only playing the "water girl" tomorrow & don't have to run (the coaches are all in San Fran for the Nike marathon so the mentors are helping out). I don't think I could run if I tried. I'd maybe get 50 feet before I had to take a nap.

Speaking of naps...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home