Saturday, October 29, 2005

It's official

I am now registered for the Chevron Houston 1/2 Marathon. Go me!

I was thinking today how nice it will be to actually have my parents there when I cross the finish line. At least I hope they will be there.

They'd better be there!

Or at the very least, my mother better be there.

That was one thing that would've made the Alaska Marathon perfect (well, aside from the rain going away) would've been if my parents could have been there to see me cross the finish line. It'll be nice to know that they can be there for the Houston Marathon. I'm also excited that I'll know so many people in the race. Since I'm doing the 1/2, I'll be done before most of the full marathoners, so I'll be able to cheer them along as they cross the finish line.

Last Houston marathon I was bitching because I had to find a back way out of my neighborhood to get to my hair stylist for a hair cut because my street is between mile 9 & 10 & all the roads were blocked off, & now I'm actually going to run it.

Funny how much can change in a year, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home